Black Cape and Black Days


I bought this cape just after my operation in October when none of my clothes fitted me. It was the last one in the sale in Gina Tricot and I instantly fell in love with it. I was never that in to black clothes before my year abroad, but I think Europe and working in the theatre have had an impact on my wardrobe. Pretty much everything I own, or want to own is black. Maybe I'm getting more sophisticated, maybe I'm just becoming boring and pretentious. Who cares? It's slimming, it's easy to wear and it never, EVER clashes. It's the instant cool factor and I love it. 

This week has been a real toughy in old Italia. The weather has been bipolar (it's currently snowing...IN MARCH!), I've sucked at my job, my super funny, kindred-spirit of a housemate moved to Germany via England, I've been a bit lonely and I'm currently stuck inside with an annoying cold-like illness that's making me feel pants. It's not surprising really, seeing as the past six weeks of my life have been ridiculously busy and stressful - my body must really hate me right now. However, despite the unhappiness and general feeling of not wanting to be here, I am determined to keep pressing forward, learn Italian and get better at my internship. I'm trying to see the positive side from my sick-bed, but really all I want to do is go home and be looked after. 


Here's to a brighter third week!

No comments:

Post a Comment