Final Week

Last Week in DDORF

Can you believe that it's my last week in Düsseldorf?
I sort of can and sort of can't, in the same way that I'm sort of ready to go but sort of want to stay.
This week is going to filled to the brim with goodbyes, packing, cleaning, sorting, crying and laughing. It'll be exhausting, but satisfying. I want to tie the ends up well, I want to say goodbye and thank you in the best way possible. Not many people get to have THIS much fun on their year abroad.

This place has been so good to me, each season has been so full, each moment so poignant with excitement and homesickness. However, these things have to come to an end at some point and for the first time since being here, I'm feeling that kick of wanderlust again, that itchy-feet-I-need-a-new-adventure kinda feeling, so I know that the time is right to move on.

This time next week will be the first day of my month-long language school in Florence. Yes folks, I'm moving to Italy and I'm so ready.



2 comments :

  1. I wish I could blog as often and resolutely as you. It's one of the things I really admire about you, lame as it sounds! You write through the good and the bad, the idyllic and the scary. It's sincere and honest and raw. I on the other hand am a perfectionist and that's the biggest hindrance to my blog and my life. You have so much to teach me and I love you for that.

    And by the way, you'll be fine. I know you know that, but it's nice to hear it said :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best on your trip to Italy, I'll miss seeing your German posts though. It's nice to see what other people think of my home country because almost everyone is pleasantly surprised. Saying this I can't wait to see what Italy beings for you, I'm sure it'll be another wonderful adventure. The year abroad is very overwhelming so I know exactly what you're going through, just know that after this year there's nothing you can't do
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete