My Favourite Blogs part 1

I've been meaning to do one of these posts for ages, but I always keep getting side-tracked. I read a lot of great, inspiring blogs with various different themes, tastes and contents. I like the variety, because it keeps my writing fresh and it reminds me that personal blogging is all about creating your own voice and shaping out a little space of the internet all of your own. It's fair to say that most of the blogs in this post are pretty girly, but don't let that put you off. They talk about fashion, books, baking, DIY, photography, adventures and their daily lives with vibrancy and candour - sometimes I feel like we're sitting down together in a cosy cafe sharing our thoughts. That's one of things I really love about blogging. It creates such a fabulous community! So, without further ado, some girly, fun-filled, lifestyle blogs for you.

Selective Potential
This was one of the first blogs I started reading way back in 2009. It's written by the indefatigable Tieka who lives in Michigan, rides around on a mint-coloured scooter and posts very simple and achievable outfit ideas. Her Autumn and Spring posts are particularly gorgeous. She loves her clothes to blend in with her surroundings and always attaches little stories to her outfit posts. Her giveaways are also really fun and I won a modcloth voucher in December just by commenting on a post. I also really admire her honesty. She has found a perfect balance between being a closed book and not bearing all. I think that's why her blog is so successful, because it's absolutely one hundred percent personal to her. That's what makes things sustainable.

C'est La Belle Vie
I stumbled across Charity's little space via Bloglovin about a year and a half ago. She's whimsy, thoughtful, fun, posts great recipes, runs a vintage etsy-shop (from which I just purchased a beautiful jumpsuit),writes wonderful articles, takes gorgeous photographs and does all this whilst pursuing an internship. She's pretty impressive! What I love about Charity's blog is how accessible it is. Every post is relatable and honest, whilst still being simple and beautifully presented. I particularly love how she picks up on the sweet little moments in our lives that can sometimes bring us the greatest joy. Grab a cup of coffee and go check her out.

The Deer Circus
This blog is one of my go-tos every single day. Bridget manages to capture so many ordinary things and make them seem extraordinary. Her photographs, words, 30 second poems, Lovegrams to her husband, silly stories, serious tales and crazy vintage finds are both uplifting and thought provoking. She posts VERY regularly- sometimes twice a day- which means there is always something new to read and think about. The photography is particularly beautiful (it should come as no surprise that she is a photographer by trade!) and I love her little wanders around Denver. Her blog has been inspiring me a lot lately whether that's to write a bunch of 30 second poems, take a walk, or pick up my film camera. Whatever it is, I have felt enriched as a result. So definitely head over there!



I'll be back with more favourite blogs next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment