HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIONA!

Today is Fiona's birthday and seeing as Fiona is partly to blame for the existence of this blog I felt she deserved a post in her honour. I've said this before, but I'll say it again just for good measure, Fiona is one of my life's greatest treasures. She is a kindred spirit through and through. I am absolutely convinced that meeting her on my first day at Kendrick was the first stop on my journey of understanding who I was and feeling completely comfortable being a total nerd. I love that she really, honestly, completely, utterly and absolutely doesn't care what other people think about her and how she goes through life sticking two fingers up at convention not because she WANTS to be individual but because she IS. You can't put her in a box, because despite loving Lord of the Rings, all things Scandinavian and Virginia Wolf, she also was the person who introduced me to Glee and fashion blogs such as Selective Potential and Delightfully Tacky. We always have so much fun together, whether it's browsing charity shops, going for coffee, watching plays, gushing over how AWESOME Zooey Deschanel is in New Girl, having Ikea birthday parties , attempting to take fashion blog photos or gallivanting through Bavaria she's always a zany and loyal companion.

POLAROID FI

I'm so proud of the person she's becoming. After visiting her in Oxford I am pretty sure she is the most beautiful, fun and AWESOME person at her college! It's like she's a cheese, or wine or a tree: she just gets better and tastier and more impressive with age. I'm so gutted that I can't see her on her birthday, but I'm having my own little celebration here in 19 Woodland Road MML common room, spraying imaginary silly string, listening to Gotye, eating smelly quavers and drinking bottled tap water! WAAAHOOOO. PARTY PARTY PARTY.

FION!

Fiona you're great. Have a flippin' AWESOME birthday and thanks for being in my life.

ME and Fi 2

1 comment :

  1. Happy birthday Fiona!! She sounds like an incredible friend to have :] That is such a special thing.

    ReplyDelete