Life Lately: Northern Ireland




I can't quite believe that it's been a whole month since this lil' spontaneous trip. So five days before my last exam (EVER) I got on an early morning plane to Northern Ireland. It felt gloriously outrageous and turned out to be exactly what the doctor ordered. I've never been to the Emerald Isle before and it really is very green, let me tell ya. Four days spent in a little bungalow in Portstewart, drinking lots of tea, reading Patrick Melrose novels, eating well, sleeping in, jogging, barbecuing on the beach, praising the Lord, reading the bible, meeting new people, sunbathing and putting the world to right in nautical inspired armchairs. The highlights for me were Giants Causeway in the late-afternoon sun and spending time with friends who share the same beliefs/values/perspectives as myself.  It was pretty gurt-lush. Also, I'm a sucker for a Northern Irish accent. Anyone else? 

1 comment :