Mornings


I wake up early these days. 6:30 to be precise. Some days I go running, some days I hit the gym, other days I just lie there for an extra half an hour, listening to the radio and staring out the window. At 8 o'clock I get up to make tea and cook eggs. I might hang around the kitchen chatting to my housemates or I might scamper upstairs to eat them watching the news. Either way, by 8:30 I aim to be at my desk reading, studying and procrastinating. 

I have always been an early bird and now I wouldn't have it any other way. There's something so peaceful and productive about the first few waking hours. I love the light in the morning, the songs on the radio, the waking-up power of that first sip of tea, that feeling of outstretched, unlimited time to get stuff done. Having an established routine makes such a difference to the rest of my day.

What are your morning routines?

Photos courtesy of Toby Harvard and unknown

2 comments :

  1. Waking up that early sounds like torture to me!!! But I know it's healthy and revigorating. I usually wake up at 1pm and start working at 2pm and ccome back at 10pm... And sleep late. Routine is relative, so it seems. I tend to find the morning light a bit depressing and blue-ish. Maybe it's a matter of motivation... I could seize the day much more if I woke up earlier... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog and love it!
    you have some great pictures up here :)

    x

    ReplyDelete