Diner en Blanc: caught on film.

"The summer night is like a perfection of thought."

-   Wallace Stevens


 “In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars.” ― F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Great Gatsby
Everyone turns up, but no one is really quite sure who invited them in the first place. Diner en Blanc had it's Gatsby-esque moments.
I loved everything about this night and I love everything about these photos. I especially love how hopeful everyone looks, dressed in white, flowers in their hair, wine glass in hand. 
As I lit her cigarette with a match, she said: 'A year ago, I would never have thought we'd be sitting here, drinking wine, with you lighting my cigarette'
We laughed. 'Neither would I'
Then the jazz came, soft yet energetic, subtle yet all consuming. We kicked up our heels and danced the Charleston as best we could. Breathless and happy we threw our heads up to the sky and were captivated by the colours. Summer had finally arrived.
“My soul is in the sky.” 
― William ShakespeareA Midsummer Night's Dream
As the daylight turned into twilight and the candles replaced the sun, we realised that what we thought was an infinite moment would soon cease to exist.

 “This moment will just be another story someday.” 
                                            ― Stephen ChboskyThe Perks of Being a Wallflower


2 comments :

  1. Wow! This looks so heavenly!

    xx
    Rachael from THE PARADERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, these are amazing! I thought these were photos from a vintage edition of Vogue or something, before I read the text. So lovely, Ellie.

    ReplyDelete