Fairtrade Friday: Wishlist

Fair Trade Wishlist

You know the drill, I try to encourage y'all to think about shopping more ethically. This week I've been moving away from my beloved second-hand clothes and turning my attention to new, fair-trade clothing brands. I always thought that they were unaffordable, however, I was pleasantly surprised by some of my finds. A lot of the items are roughly the same amount of money you would pay for an item in Zara, Topshop or Mango and some, like the brown coat and the rucksack, are a little out of my budget, but who says a girl can't dream!?

1. I've been lusting after a speckled t-shirt for a while now. This one is from Avocado Store, a German online fair trade and organic clothing store, and comes in a variety of different colours. My favourites are the black and the blue. They're also incredibly affordable at €16.90 per shirt.

2. I fell in love with these trousers from Nomads Clothing. They are perfect for a humid, city summer, when jeans are no longer an option. I reckon you could also pair them with wedges to dress them up a bit. They're also not too pricy at £25 a pair and also come in blue and pink.

3. I have been in love with Fjällräven Kanken rucksacks for over a year now. I swear everyone at the Düsseldorfer Schauspielhaus had one. Not only are they hardwearing, the company are also renowned for constantly finding ways to improve their ethical policy. These are a little bit pricey at £60 a bag, but I have chosen the larger option with space for a laptop. The mini Kanken is definitely cheaper.

4. Who doesn't love a pair of TOMS? For every pair you buy, one pair gets given to a child or adult in a developing country. Without shoes children can't go to school. I already have a pair of Botas, which I love, but I always enjoy looking at their prettier designs for the summer. These are £42 but remember, you are getting two for one here!

5. Summer is all about the statement jewellery. This gorgeous necklace is from MADE and is incredibly expensive, but they do have some options for under £20, so go and check them out.

6. This is another Avocado Store find. I love light-weight jackets in the summer, growing up in England there was always more chance of rain than sun during the holidays, so you always wanted to be prepared. Unfortunately, this parka is way out of my price-range, but maybe I can find something just as lovely and practical in one of Berlin's many second-hand shops. Watch this space.

1 comment :

  1. The Avocado Store has lots of great stuff that you can choose from and I think this shirt is one of your great picks. I bet you have a lot of favorite shirts in that online shop. I hope I can also buy one shirt that I love at Avocado but as of now, I have to spend things for my new house. :)

    -Vernia Soriano-

    ReplyDelete