Remembering Berlin

This trip feels like a lifetime ago, but I just got the photos this morning and they made me so happy. Lovely, snowy, crazy Berlin. It makes me miss Germany. 

View from the monument.
Quick snapshot outside the Tor.
Walking through the silence of the memorial.
Second-hand shopping in Kreuzberg.
Hamburger Bahnhof.
A snowy walk to the Reichstag.
Josie's apartment. 

My conclusion: Berlin just needs to be loved. It needs investment, long-term commitment and enthusiastic inhabitants. The city, in its present form, is still young. It feels like it's gaining security and confidence. I loved how untouched, how honest it was. I loved wandering outside of the tourist zones, meandering through the sparkling snow, going to interesting exhibitions and capturing snapshots of the REAL Berlin.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE the one of the man busking! So professional and amazing!

    ReplyDelete