The New Project: NO CLOTHES FOR A YEAR


So many clothes yet nothing to wear: the mantra of the fashionista. Did you know that, on average, women only wear 20% of the wardrobe 80% of the time?! It's RIDICULOUS. After getting ride of 1/3 of my wardrobe over the Summer and STILL not having enough room to store all my clothes, I have decided to be ruthless with myself. Inspired by my friend Gemma and this lovely lady's blog (who pretty much sums up the reason why I want to do this!) I have decided not to buy ANY clothes for a WHOLE year. There are, however, a few rules/exceptions:

1. I can buy underwear and tights. But only on a NEED rather than WANT basis.

2. If I get a job which requires a certain style of clothing or a uniform of sorts (eg. suit/black smart stuff) I may purchase items but ONLY from charity shops or ethical companies.

3. If going to a posh 'do' and none of the dresses in my wardrobe feel appropriate, I may purchase an outfit, but again ONLY from charity shops and ONLY after having raided my friends' wardrobes.

4. I can make clothes with a sewing machine and knitting needles.

To prove to myself and to the blogging world that I have enough clothes in my wardrobe to create outfits for an ENTIRE year, I propose to do AT LEAST one outfit post a week. This will hopefully get me out of my style rut and wearing some of those items of clothing that I can't bear to part with and yet never seem to don. Wish me luck!

1 comment :

  1. This is awesome! I made a pledge to myself not to buy anything new this quarter (until April) unless absolutely necessary, because like you I have so many clothes that I never wear but can't seem to give away. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete