Honour Spotlight: Zoe Hayes

I'm so excited about this post because it's the first one in the series and I get to write about one of my favourite ladies in the whole world. For those of you who don't know her, Zoe is an awesome, beautiful lady at my church who works for Tearfund, adores Snowboarding, drinks hot chocolate, wears lots of cool clothes and is always busy planning or speaking at some big event. One thing that I love about Zoe is how she is so fearless in her singleness, instead of dedicating her life to trying to find a husband she is completely committed to God's work with Tearfund and with events such as Soul Survivor and Spring Harvest. She gives me hope that the single life will never be boring and, if you let him, God will use us to do fantastic things. If I'm honest, I can't quite believe that Zoe isn't married - she is SUCH a catch! As well as being a brilliant speaker and organiser she is also incredibly funny and personable. I love chatting to her and getting her advice on things, she has been there for me at key points in my life whether it's future plans or relationships she is always willing to listen to me babble on and on. She also comes to watch my plays and encourages me to pursue my dreams. Over Easter I had the opportunity to work with Zoe as part of the youth team at Spring Harvest and I had such a brilliant time. It was so good to see Zoe in action and I was sooooooo proud of her :-)

Another thing I admire about Zoe is her honesty, she is completely genuine about everything from her faith to her taste in men - I know she has a thing for Hugh Jackman because she and my mother went very quiet during a particular scene in Australia. I wanted Zoe to be the first person on my honour list because she is one of the key role-models in my life and I have so much love and respect for her. I believe she completely embodies the concept of a godly woman because she's dedicated, kind, loving and so much fun to be around. She is such an inspiration to us all and I just wanted her fabulousness (yes that IS a word!) to be displayed for the whole world to see. I LOVE YOU ZOE.

*The picture was taken on the final day of Spring Harvest...I needn't say anymore!

1 comment :

  1. Aww I missed this post when you wrote it - I utterly agree, good job ellie and we love you zoe! xxx

    ReplyDelete