Chips on the Beach



There's nothing quite like a trip to the seaside, particularly when it's a spontaneous one. You cannot beat that salty air, pebbles under your feet (although I do prefer sand if I have the choice!) and slightly chilly waves lapping at your knees. I woke up one rather sunny morning to find out that my Dad was taking his team to Hayling Island for fish and chips on the beach. They were kind enough to let me join them and before I knew it I was packed into the mini-bus bound for the sea. I was born very near to the island and some of my earliest childhood memories are of crossing the bridge in my Mum's Renault 5 to visit my godparents and go paddling. My first rollercoaster ride was at the funfair on the seafront and I distinctly remember a rather chilly and miserable loggers leap with my Pa. It felt good to put my feet in the sea and eat fluffy, vinegar chips out of a brown paper cone and spend some time chatting to people that I don't see everyday. At the time, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get away at all this summer, so it felt good to finally get out of the house. I've been as intentional as possible about having a 'stay-cation' and exploring home a little bit more. Summer day-trips are the best! 

However, I have found the funds for a few days in Berlin, so be prepared for another barrage of disposables and coffee shots. I cannot wait to be back in the city!!!

What are your favourite summer day-trips? 


No comments:

Post a Comment