February in Florence

On Monday evening we hiked up to Palazzo Michaelagelo hoping to catch the sunset. I had already seen one on Valentine's Day and it was pretty spectacular - the sky was full of golds, reds and pinks that shimmered over the rooftops. When we finally reached the top, there was no sunset, which was hardly surprising seeing as there hadn't been much sun. Yet the light was magnificent, soft, dreamy and cold. I'm sure Louis will edit the crap out of these pictures, but I like them raw, I love seeing how the camera caught the atmosphere firmly in its hand. I love that we're dancing and jumping. I can feel the cold and the beauty of the city that was my home for four weeks. I love how the lights twinkle, I love how the sky was a watercolour and the mountains it's subjects. I love how these photos and these moments capture the beauty in the gloomiest month of the year. 


3 comments :

  1. Such beautiful photos thank you for sharing them and your travels! I really want to go to Florence some time, I've only been to Italy a handful of time and it was never enough
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo of you Ellie is SO GORGEOUS! I'm in love - as if I wasn't before
    kisses from North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had loads of fun. The view and colours are stunning! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sarita from Hotchpotch Hijabi x

    ReplyDelete